Monday, January 16, 2017

My Favorite Things–Release Replay!

 

Hello friends!

 

Print

 

Today, the creative team for My Favorite Things is taking a fresh look at the January New Release!!  Besides the New Product Launch, the Release Replay is my favorite of all the creative team challenges!  Here’s my take on the new Stitched Heart Grid Die-Namics!

 

KKL_JAN1017-New-Product-Launch

 

Oh my word, do I love those rainbow colored hearts and stitching!  It’s so fun and fresh!  I’ve paired it with the Stitched Fishtail Frames and a sentiment from the Kind Words Stamp Set.  Here’s how I created my project:

 

  1. Trim an A2, top-folding, vertical card base from Smooth White Card StockScore at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect the crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. Die cut an image panel from Smooth White Card Stock using the stitched rectangle die from the Blueprints 25 Die-Namics.
  3. Die cut the stitched lines from the Stitched Heart Grid Die-Namics on the front of the stitched rectangle panel.
  4. Blending some Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Inks onto a scrap of Smooth White Card Stock.  Die cut the hearts from the ink blended scrap using the hearts die from the Stitched Heart Grid Die-Namics.  Adhere the ink blended hearts to the stitched rectangle panel, aligned with the stitched lines, using foam tape.
  5. Die cut the Stitched Fishtail Flag twice – once from Smooth White Card Stock, and once from black polka dot paper (Itsy Bitsy Polka Dot 6 x 6 Paper Pack).  Adhere the polka dot frame to the white card stock frame with tape runner adhesive.  Adhere the frame to the stitched rectangle panel using foam tape.
  6. Stamp the sentiment from the Kind Words Stamp Set onto the stitched rectangle panel, once with Black Licorice Ink, and again with VersaMark.  Heat emboss the sentiment using Clear Detail Embossing Powder.
  7. Adhere the image panel to the card base with foam tape.

 

Super easy, and a bright and cheerful result, don’t you think?  I’m pretty happy with how this turned out.  I’ve listed and linked the products that I used below.  Please click on through to the My Favorite Things Design Blog to be linked to the other projects that my sweet teammates have created for your inspiration!

 

That’s it for me today, friends!  Thanks so much for stopping by today – it always makes my day when you do!  I’ll be back soon with more crafty goodness to share.  Until then, have a great day!

 

PRODUCTS USED:

1 comment:

Linda Carson said...

I adore this delightful beauty! Really love the colorful stitched hearts!