Thursday, October 22, 2015

Waltzingmouse Stamps–Thanks A Bunch!

ETA:  I've added some tips below for those of you that have feared multi-step stamping as I had until now!  This process CAN be conquered, people!!  Please give it a try!

Happy Thursday, sweet friends!!

I’m back again today to share a pretty little card that I created using some super fun Waltzingmouse Stamps products!!

Waltzingmouse-Stamps-Guest-10-22-15

So Claire, the owner and designer of Waltzingmouse Stamps, created some of the most lovely multi-step rose images that I’ve ever had the pleasure of working with.  I’ll be honest with you.  Until I used Claire’s gorgeous Old Country Roses Stamp Set, I was pretty sure I would never figure out the whole multi-step stamping thing.  I’m telling you that these stunningly beautiful rose images pretty much stamp themselves.  They are idiot proof!!  And check out that beautiful and bold sentiment!!  That’s from the Hello Happy Thanks Stamp Set!  Love it!  Oh – and it just happens to be on sale right now!!  BONUS!! (I should mention that Waltzingmouse Stamps is located in Ireland, but they have a U.S. distributor, so you don’t have to pay for international shipping – stamps and dies can be shipped quickly and inexpensively!)  Here’s how I created my project:

  1. Trim an A2 top-folding card base from Nightshift Blue Card Stock.  Score at 5.5”, fold in half and perfect crease with a Teflon Bone Folder.
  2. Die cut a Scalloped Stitched Rectangle from vellum card stock.  Die cut a Stitched Rectangle from Smooth White Card Stock.
  3. Using a MISTI Tool, stamp the roses from the Old Country Roses Stamp Set using Peach Bellini, Coral Crush, and Orange Zest Premium Dye Ink.  Stamp the leaves using Blue Breeze, Blueberry and Nightshift Blue Premium Dye Ink.  Stamp the sentiment from the Hello Happy Thanks Stamp Set using Nightshift Blue Premium Dye Ink.
  4. Adhere Clear Droplets with Multi Matte Medium.
  5. Adhere the image panel to the vellum panel with foam squares; adhere the image panel to the card base with foam squares.

Boom!! Easy peasy, right?!  Seriously, I am now a believer that even “challenged” stampers such as myself can master the multi-step stamped images!!  And in the end, it’s a super fun process!!  Here are a few tips that helped me conquer my fear of multi-step stamping:

  1. Depending on the number of steps that the images have (the Old Country Roses Stamp Set have three steps for each complete image), gather three shades of a color - a light shade for the largest or most detailed image, a medium shade for the second most detailed image, and a dark shade for the least detailed image.  For example, on my project, I used three shades of peach for the roses and three shades of blue for the leaves.
  2. I also found that the TYPE of ink I used made a difference in my success or failure with this technique.  I used a dye ink on this project, and found that dye ink worked the best in terms of the colors blending together better.  I would say that pigment inks would not work well for this technique as the ink sits on top of the paper, and then on top of each ink stamped.  These images are made to blend, and pigment does not promote blending.  Of course, that's my opinion - just giving you my feedback about what I discovered as I tackled this process.
  3. A stamp positioner REALLY makes a difference in being able to position and re-position each step of the image.  Here, I used a MISTI Tool - this product has seriously changed my life!!  If I messed up or the ink didn't stamp completely, I could re-stamp it for a perfect impression - every single time!  If you don't have three shades of an ink, but you still want to give the impression that you have three shades of ink, you can stamp in one color, and then re-stamp in the same color, giving a deeper, darker shade.  I can't recommend the MISTI Tool more strongly!!  If you can afford one - BUY one!!

I’ll be using these lovely Waltzingmouse Stamps images again and again, you can bet on that!  I’ve listed all of the products that I used below.

That’s it for me today, friends!!  Thanks so much for stopping by today – it makes my little heart so incredibly happy when you do!!  Have a great day!!


5 comments:

Lynn said...

Beautiful...love the gorgeous detail on these stamps!

Unknown said...

Love the scalloped die you used. Great color choice as well. Lots of details in the flowers. TFS

TK said...

Wonderful card that REALLY stands out!

Unknown said...

Wow! These colors!! So pretty!!

Geri said...

Yep...I was one of those scardy cats too up until my SU lady gave me a quick how-to tutorial. Easy peasy, especially with a Stamp-a-ma-jig rig!

Gorgeous card - lovin' the peach/coral/orange with the navy!